Originally Posted by decoydog
I have two full sets of Cutco knives one I bought used 2 years ago, it has mostly serrated edges. They hold a edge very well. The other one I got from my late father in law he was a amazing machinist and knew tools and steel who told me when he gave them to me. " they won't need sharpening very often and you'll still have them around for many more generations" he was a frugal man but he paid a Hanson price 70 years ago and thought they were worth the money. That set is not serrated and I use them for butchering deer. Our church has a Wild Game Dinner so we cut up about 20 a year, great knives. I have a custom made knife I use for hunting that I bought from a master knife maker who worked at the Howard city Olson factory here in Michigan it's made from steel from that plant. But the Cutco is keep a edge every bit as good as the Olsons I own if that says anything about the steel.

What was the makers' name that made the custom for you?

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi