I have a question about BCG wgts. I kinda came late into the AR scene and started w/ a "Predator" style and found some of the brass was being treated unkindly. Having a redneck farmer mentality that hates wasting anything, Id heard that increasing the wgt of the BCG would slow the action and would be more gentle on the gun and the brass. So with the farmer engineering approach i found a 5/8" bolt that wasnt holding anything down and cut the head to a flat thin button, and the body was shortened to allow hammer clearance. The result seemed to be what was desired and the rifle functions without any issues, so after I got a DPMS " barn gun" I did the same thing. Both shoot well, i dont have a broad enough experience base to say whether they are smoother or not, but function is just great. I raely fire more than 2-4 shots at one episode. Foxes and such varmits either die or escape in that time frame. Question is, I guess is am I doing anything especially stupid or wrong? Brass seems to bein the prescribed quadrant, and is reeloadable without any problems, its also usually easy to find.

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.