Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by bea175
If you want to get rid of the ping when you shoot , just change out the Buffer Spring to a Chrome Silicon Spring from Tubbs , works better than going to a heavier buffer in my experience

The ping annoys some folks, but for folks that shoot a LOT, and understand the mental part of the game, IF you can hear the ping, you are not performing the shot process correctly. I used to laugh when I heard that and then realized... wow they were right... if i oculd hear it ping, I wasn't mentally doing what I needed to.

The other cure is simply wipe the spring with grease a bit...

i can only hear it when shooting groups on paper

I'm guessing, and it really doesn't matter, as I'm sure you shoot well enough to keep you happy. And I"m not meaning that as any kind of insult at all, as I don't often shoot well enough to make me happy, but I often shoot well enough to manage what I'm after if that makes sense... my brain is a tad different...

Anyway I bet on yotes, game etc.... you are pre-occupied with the game, and don't hear the ping... which also disguises any things you do wrong in the shot process. The correct way, and I probably don't shoot game more than 60% of the time the "correct" way is to be looking at the sights, waiting for it to be right and the gun goes bang without you really realizing it was going to happen then. You know it would, but you are on auto pilot of the brain seeing and reacting on its own...

But like I said, from what you say and pics you have posted, I'd say you are doing it all just fine enough as is.

As I said, I've never been happy, even when winning a tournament, there were still things I left on the table, and things that need improving.

Sometimes I muchly dislike my mother for instilling that drive in me.Sometimes though in other things I totally ignore the drive...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....