Originally Posted by Esox357
Blue, which buffer would you recommend to help slow down the recoil impulse for a 16 inch barreled Stag? The Stag comes with the carbine weight buffer. I was thinking an H2, but would the spring also need to be replaced with the buffer or will it work with the heavier H2 buffer as is?

Also looking for a muzzle break/comp. Looking hard at the Titan any input on this as well?

Thanks.

I'd skip straight to the H2. The spring will be fine.

If you're serious about a brake, the Titan is a serious one. If you're gonna go with a brake like that, just be prepared for it. If you shoot around other people, they'll hate the brake after the first shot. After the second shot, they'll hate you. If EVER shoot it without earpro, or have anyone around you who doesn't have earpro on, it's gonna be painful. Not "Oh my ears are ringing", but actually painful. I was standing about 8' behind a shooter with a brake last weekend and didn't get my ears on in time before he started shooting and it still hurt being that far off. But if you want to flatten that muzzle out, a Titan will definitely help get you there.

A while back I posted a review here of some Colt Competition rifles. I was able to shoot 14.5" carbine gas, 16" carbine gas and 18" rifle gas guns back to back that all had the same brake on them. A good brake did wonders for the muzzle rise on the 16" gun, but it still wasn't comparable to the same brake on the 18" rifle gas (which was noticeably smoother). I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but think of it as adding racing tires and a chip to a Honda Civic....it'll go faster, but what you really need is a racecar to begin with. On the other hand, if you've got a Honda in the garage and aren't gonna buy a racecar....by all means you should fix it up the way you want it. Does that make sense at all?

If you want to try a brake but aren't sure if you'll like it there are a couple of options...
1-Try a hybrid brake/flash suppressor like the Battlecomp. They're still louder than a typical flash hider, but they're no where near being in the same class as a true competition comp. You're muzzle won't be flat, but it'll be noticeable flatter than with the flash hider. The sights seem to just bounce around the target instead of jumping off of the target.
2-Try the Miculek comp for $40. It's the cheapest I've seen for a true comp. A friend had one and I shot his a bit and it really does work. Does it work as good as a Titan?....I don't know. But for $40 it'd be a cheaper way to find out if you want to go that route or not.

What are you wanting to do with the gun? What made you want a brake?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling