Originally Posted by saddlesore
OR hunt 3rd season migration in Unit 12. Near Isle Grove. That is on CO ST HWY 13 between Craig and Meeker.Locals usually line up along the road and kill them there. Migration is hit or miss though. Coyote Hunter on here does good though in that general local.

There's no elk there - ever. Honest. [Fingers=crossed]

Saddlesore is right, it is very hit-or-miss. We hunted there three mornings last week and only one morning did we see elk - after it had been snowing in the high country for two successive nights and only one group. And it can get VERY crowded once the word gets out that a migration is in progress. I once counted 17 orange vests from atop the bluff on the south side of #13.

Saddlesore -

I met Jeanne this trip at her camp. Only talked to her for a few minutes but she seems like a really classy lady. Was hoping to give her $400 for a pack out but that didn't work out - we didn't see any elk up there.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.