Thanks all, I really appreciate the encouragement and the tips. I posted this & then disappeared for a few days, long story... ;-)

When I first started elk hunting, I was hell bent on killing a bull. Then, after striking out and seeing some cows - I thought about how many does I killed back east & they tasted great. SO, that's why I only applied for cow licenses the past few years. Really, I couldn't care less if it has antlers or not. I just want meat.

I have some deer tags (does) that I'll most likely fill in the next month. So we will have that meat in the freezer.

I was hoping to come up with a "second chance" for this year, late season cow or something. But it appears my chances are limited at best. Are there *really* any elk migrating over into 128 (east of 25)? If so, my guess is getting somebody to let you on their land would be difficult at best.

I guess the one thing I've really done wrong is wasting my time walking miles/day. I need to let my binocs do some of the leg work for me, huh?

ETA: I grew up in south-central PA, right near the intersection of interstate 81 and 76 (turnpike). Carlisle, PA.

Last edited by notamos; 11/13/15.