notamos

I know just how you feel. Been skunked most of my times out too.
Part of my problem now is age and physical condition. Hunting the migration in unit 12 used to be a real rodeo with an orange army. The last 2 years I went didn't see anyone else in Isle's Grove (4th season), also didn't see any elk. The migration has been very late the last 4-5 years. It is possible to see a few elk wandering down well before the major migration but you have to be in the right place at the right time.

I bought this hunting info pack with maps for elk and deer which looks very good but have not had a chance to really check out the data for my self. It gives maps of all GMUs with areas where game spend most of their time in summer and hunting seasons with migration routes. Doesn't give honey holes or any such info but may give you a better idea where elk are more likely to be in a particular GMU. It costs close to $90 (also includes deer, antelope, turkey, goose and pheasant) but may save you years of wandering (and wondering) about looking for elk.

HUNTDATA.com

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.