Originally Posted by saddlesore
Don't feel too discouraged. 85% of hunters in CO don't punch their tags. 10% of the hunters shoot 90% of the elk and they do it every year.

First I would advise, start hunting cows. Get a few under your belt to build confidence and figure out what is going on.

3rd rifle you can really get screwed by the weather. Switch to 2nd. The 1st is too short, but there are more elk and they won't be pushed back into their hidey holes, but if you get any bad weather, that 5 day hunt can turn into two.

Hunt every day, you can kill an elk on the last day of the season just as easily as the first day.

As soon as there is a rifle shot , the elk move into thick timber or onto private land and it's hard to get them out of there.

I can't help much of "Where to go" as all my elk hunting is in areas that you need horses or mules to access.

Where abouts in PA you from. I left SW PA in 64,never looked back.I have missed darn few elk season since then.

Pay attention to this man. He knows what he's talking about.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.