Originally Posted by BoltactionMan
I hunted on family property, mine that has been in the family since 1882. I took my Dad, Grandpa, Father-in-Law and 3 friends along in spirit. Including my 18 year old buddy who took his own life in August.

Amen to that. There was an article in the Denver Post recently touting the benefits of hunting. The next week, several antis wrote letters in opposition. One poor woman couldn't understand how hunters could actually enjoy hunting. I wrote a letter in response but they didn't run it, no surprise there. Here's part of what it said:

On a typical hunt, I'll spend a week or two camping and hiking in the mountains with friends and family. I'll take in every sunrise and sunset, and everything in between. And if I'm successful I'll have 100-200 pounds of the best meat money can't buy; free-range, organic, grass-fed, carried down off the mountain on my back and processed by my own hands. What's not to like about that?

And speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm glad I live in a place where buying a tag, pointing my truck toward the hills, and taking off not knowing where I'll end up is still possible.

A wise man is frequently humbled.