Thanksgiving day is past; hope all of yours was a good one. But giving thanks goes on.

As to hunting, fishing too, the love of guns, etc., I stand alone in all my family with the exception of a few cousins. But they were only mildly afflicted comparatively; I'm sure I've always been thought a bit of an curious aberration among my more liberal relatives, the recipient of some covert, throw-back gene. My sig line is, in part, a response to that attitude and that remarkable mindless goal of putting a small white ball in a cup. (If you are a golfer you should have developed a sense of humor). I digress.

While we eat beef, pork, and domestic fowl too my family (wife and two adult girls now) grew up on deer, elk (no elk on this year's hunt) but particularly pheasants which I think make some of the most exquisite table fare and are one of my favorites. But I love fish too.

Whether with friends or going alone, I enjoy it and am thankful for the interest I've been given and the opportunities to do it.