Originally Posted by pete53
30-30 is a fine short range cartridge here`s my problem with this cartridge getting a bad rap.any 30-30 lever that does not have a safety its just not that safe of gun to use for many people and all youths,unloading them its just kinda dangerous with hammer always cock with no safety.i used them when I was kid and my brother`s went off once. I would never let any of my family ever use any of those levers without a safety when I was adult, ya I still have them but they are just stay`n in the safe if that lever has no safety. when it comes to cartridges for rifles they all kill game ,heck I do just fine with a bow and arrow.

The "safety" that works is the one between the ears. Amazing how many people managed to shuck rounds out of ADL style bolt guns (hint; safety off then, too) without shooting themselves. It doesn't have to be done that way, but a lot do.

The proper use of a firearms is about training, not design.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.