Originally Posted by pete53
I know how to unload a Winchester 30-30 very well what I am saying is for a lot of people, these people young and old do have trouble with these levers with no safety ! its a safety issue us as hunters,reloaders,gun collecters and just people who like to shoot need to help make things safer, so we as gun people don`t cause any more harm to owning guns and when someone criticizes some of us for bringing these things to attention with a post you are the problem with negative comments. VERY FOOLISH !

Bullschit. It's a TRAINING issue, not a design flaw.

Hell, even your own "young people/old people" line is faulty. Why? Because of the mechanics of a lever in the first place. If a person has smaller hands and/or less hand/arm strength, it's EASIER for them to manipulate the lever action with the fingers out of the trigger guard completely (i.e., in the rear loop of the lever) than otherwise. If you understand the concept of a lever, or actually use one, this makes sense.

Oh, and not to mention that both the 94 and 336 have that little mechanism under the lever that requires you to actually have the lever all the way closed and "squeezed" up against the stock before the sear can be engaged. You have to do that in order to fire the rifle, but... guess what... you DON'T have to do that in order to cycle the action and eject shells. So, you can run the action, even with your finger where it ought not be, and still not trip the trigger unless you slam the lever all the way home and depress that mechanism, which you don't have to do. Again, training is the issue (as well as using at least a modicum of sense).

The way to make things safer is to better train and educate shooters and hunters, not to put superfluous crap on/in firearms. To do otherwise (put unneeded crap in firearms and not focus on training and education) is very foolish.

Last edited by 4ager; 12/22/15.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.