Yeah, a few layers of clothes can be handy almost anywhere in Africa. whether for hunting or sleeping, but I always take some light slip-on shoes for around camp. But there's still no need to bring a huge duffle of clothes.

I don't ship nearly as many heads and skins home anymore, instead just take photos.

Iron-sighted safaris are a lot of fun, partly because not worrying about dust on the scope lenses, or whether scoped rifles are staying sighted-in after a bunch of bouncing around in the safari vehicle. (Have also seen several scopes go completely out on safaris, not just a couple of mine but those of companions.) Anybody who's a decent shot with irons will do fine in typical bushveld hunting, especially with an aperture-sighted rifle.

Africa also has very fine bird hunting, and anybody who likes wingshooting will find opportunity on almost any safari. But I finally did an all-bird safari in 2013, which was GREAT!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck