My primary hunting and varmint rifles are all threaded and carry suppressors. I plan on hunting with a suppressor forevermore, unless I book a hunt somewhere where they are not legal or if I'm packing something like a Shiloh Sharps.

That being said, a 22-24" thin barrel (such as those on the Kimbers) is not something I want to hang a suppressor from. The length when suppressed is ungainly and really screws with balance, plus the heavy suppressor weight hung off a light barrel won't do any favors for zero retention if switching from suppressed to unsuppressed.

So the threaded full length Montana barrels don't appeal to me in the least - if I buy another it will be chopped down to maintain a manageable length when suppressed.

I've had one Kimber MT cut down to 17" and threaded, and it's worked great. Another will be receiving the same treatment before long. Overall length with a 7" suppressor is the same as if the rifle had a 23.5" barrel, which is about perfect IMO (17+7-.6 for thread overlap +.1 for adapter length).