I agree Bob.... to an extent. I don't hunt in Nazi states, and it's not like a suppressor is a Class III FIREARM.... they're a Class III DEVICE.... therefore the transportation rules are far more lax.

I don't think the "majority" of hunters will ever use them.... but there's more and more every day. Legislation is headed the direction of vastly increased freedoms for suppressor use. Once you shoot with someone who's using one, you realize what a huge difference they make.... and can truly respect why their use is ENCOURAGED in any other place where you can legally own a gun.

Only people who don't own a suppressor.... can justify all the reasons not to own, or hunt, with one. Once you own one, you realize ALL the benefits.... and you look for a way to have it on everything. I'll give up 4", 5", hell 8" of barrel length if I have to now..... as long as I can thread the muffler on the end.

Once the can is attached the rifles are typically more accurate, more pleasant to shoot, and FAR less disruptive to the "environment" if you will. All good things.... both in volume shooting.... and BG hunting.

There are all kinds of videos out there of guys in New Zeland and such.... killing Tahr and Chammios high in the Alps (country that makes the Rockies look like the Pallouse). The vast majority of those guys are hinting 16"-20" rifles with suppressors.... doesn't seem to be a hindrance to them.

My dad always used to say: "You can't find out if something works.... by not doing it.".... seems appropriate to this topic.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......