Been watching this thread to see where folks landed on the suppressor thing. I'm not a fan of a can attached to the end of my barrel - and I've not been persuaded by any of the arguments put forth in this thread. I've handled a couple of rifles with cans and find the balance is wrecked. They feel weird to me - and look the same. I wouldn't put a suppressor on a Montana if you paid me. If that floats your boat, so be it, we can agree to disagree. I think Bobin stated attaching a can is the best way to ruin a perfect mountain rifle - I agree 100%. I also agree with Brad that the previous version of the Montana is superior to the current threaded model. I hate the knurled nut. Anyone have a junker older style in 30-06 they want get rid of?

I've come back to Montana's after having one of the first Montana's in 300 WSM. It was a bit too much in a magnum chambering. After climbing a few mountains, killing a few elk, and determining they aren't bullet proof, I've moved to smaller cartridges in light rifles that didn't need recoil enhancements. A 308, 270, 30-06 with Talley lightweights and a reasonable scope in a Kimber Montana is pretty close to the perfect mountain rifle. I'll probably just suffer through my Montana 270 this fall. I might even be able to shoot it from all field positions without fear of scope eye - it might even kill an elk or two <G>

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.