Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
.300 WSM... 17" barrel. Think .30-06 performance...

I'd like to take credit for it... but it was PG's idea... I was assembling parts to do an 18" barreled 7/08 when this came up.

It balances about 1.5" in front of the front action screw.... which is a bit better than the regular 8400 IME.

Next to a 22" barreled Tikka...

[Linked Image]

Yep, and could be even shorter with a different can.

To go shorter, and get equal performance.. you gotta get fatter. Volume is a critical component to suppressor effectiveness. Just like rifle rounds.... there's no replacement for displacement.

Yep. I have a 22" Tikka .243 with a 6" can. When threaded on, its not but an inch or two longer than a standard hunting rifle. Still sounds like a .22lr.

I know some don't like the idea of added weight but it does make a lightweight gun balance better when shooting offhand. The suppressor also seems to tame the "jump" that tends to open up groups on light rifles. Not saying it's ideal for all hunts, just that it isn't as inconvenient as some like to believe.

Last edited by wareagle700; 05/22/16.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."