Originally Posted by MGunns
Curious if anyone is using a single pin/reticle for crossbow?

I am using a Zeiss 2-8 scope with a #6 reticle. I just figured out what power setting I needed to have so that the top of the post gave me 50 yards.

After comparing everything I could get my hands on for crossbow scopes under low light conditions I decided they're all junk compared to a decent rifle scope. I was shooting this year under heavy canopy of red oaks and lots of leaves on the ground and facing into the sunset. Bambi usually showed up at about 1/2 hour past sunset give or take a little and crossbow scopes wouldn't give me that. The Zeiss is kinda pricey, but it's also a much more precise solution that solves low light and bad conditions spectacularly. I shot two putting in just above the brisket, through the heart and out through the umbilicus. One I put it in a little higher on the neck, cut bone all the way down the neck and stopped in the top of the heart. The fourth I waited for a month to get one dead perfect broadside and put it through just above the heart taking out the great vessels and both lungs.

It'd take a lot of show me to make me try another scope now.