Ive been using the single pin sights now for the majority of my hunting career. There was a time with slower bows and aluminum arrows that the gap between the pins was big enough to use the multipin sights. With bows now shooting 300fps as a nearly normal situation the pins are so close it blocks the view of the target for me. The sight picture is very cluttered and disruptive.

I have used a few different single pin sights. The one I liked best in operation theory was not structurally functional as a hunting sight. It had one fixed pin I set at 20 yards and the the other was a dial adjustable pin that was set at any distance you needed. This is without a doubt the best arrangement I have ever used.

It was easy to see the setting of the second pin by the gap between it and the fixed pin. I wish spot hogg would make this design because they make really bullet proof equipment.

There are others that make fixed pins, which when adjusted move the whole rack of pins. Clever, but still with mistake risks by having the whole rack of pins adjusted down and not realizing it.

The Single fixed 20 yard pin works perfectly from 15-25 which at least for me is 90% of the shooting I do. Yet the adjustable pin can be set to 30-50-70 yards or anything in between in two seconds. When in a Tree stand the fixed pin at 20 ( 15-25 yards) is the foundation of the Bow, and the adjustable set for 30 gets you 25-35 yards. That's about 99% of the tree stand shots we take.

Too bad there is no tank like sight made with this design. It's clearly the design all of us are after!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)