I've had every manufacturer I have addressed this with say exactly the same thing and they all miss the point!

All of them have said you set the top position to the 20-25 yard distance and then it's a fixed 25 yard setting, only if you need to shoot further then adjust it down.

That in theory works perfectly and is logical....... Except for the reality of the situation while hunting! You will inevitably adjust this sight to another distance at some point. If you don't have the deliberate discipline to set it back to the top, then you're screwed on your next 20 yard shot when it's set to the 35 yard distance you had previously shot at.

It's why one needs to be dead set at the most common preferred range, and the other is adjustable. One you can shoot without any thought, the other you will set properly because you know it's the moveable pin. You will also notice the pin gap to see pretty quick it's way of,f if that is the case.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)