I have tried them but have always came back to 3 pins. I set a 25, 40 and 50. Makes for a very simple hunting setup - anything close put the 25 on an whack him. (With a bow shooting 280fps or so the 25 yd pin will be in the white of a nfaa target from 5-30 yards or plus/minus about 2") Anything not close I usually have time to range and use the proper pin. If the animal is coming in I can just move through the pins at full draw and shoot - not adjusting, letting down, resetting, movement etc. What I don't like is that it is not as exact as having a pin right on the yardage for 3D or target shooting. I have considered a moving 3 pin but always thought is was just too much stuff to go wrong when compared to a simple pin sight. I need to try one again and give it a few months too see if I can get with it or not. Darn things cost more than a nice rifle scope so it becomes a pretty expensive experiment.

Last edited by centershot; 02/16/16.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope