My limited experience on Barnes and other bullets on African plainsgame...

7mm 140gr from an STW Sako 75 chrono'ed at 3396 fps, dropped a Mt Reedbuck in his tracks. Hammer of Thor.

Same combo shot a White Blesbok at 278 yds, angled shot, took one step and fell over.

Same combo on a Fallow Deer running up a steep hill away from me at 250 yds, entered left hind quarter and ended up under the skin of the right front shoulder... traversed about 36" of body and the deer instantly fell over. My only recovered TSX, it was missing 3 petals, only had one remaining and it was sticking straight out.

[Linked Image]

Same 140gr combo on a Black Springbok... shot head-on through the lower central part of the chest, he wobbled for about 20' and fell over.

.30 cal 168gr TSX from 300WSM at 3127fps.... Shot a large Brindled Gnu at 255yds through the bottom of the lungs and hit the heart... he ran 100yds blowing huge red clouds of blood mist and keeled over after running out of oxygen to the brain.

Same 168gr TSX into a Red Hartebeest... took 3 steps and keeled over.

I've also used a .30-06 with a 180gr Nosler Partition at 98 yds on a Kudu, angled shot, took 5 steps and fell over. Recovered bullet was missing everything ahead of the partition and weighed about 100grs, iirc.