Originally Posted by Model70Guy
3100fps from a .300Mag? Send me some of that powder and I'll send you lead core bullets that yield better than 50% weight retention

Its too bad that you can't get the good Australian, Canadian and Swedish powders to really make the .300 sing. 3200 is within reach in a good 26" barrel, and 3150fps is my backed off load to save the brass. I've got H4350 load for a 26" barrelled 30-06 that idles along at 2850 fps, 1 grain under the maximum in the Hodgdon's manual.

Absolutely. Then we still have to check every tin of powder online, in order to see if its running hot or cold. The difference is so severe that it could put you at risk from too high pressure and blowing up your rifle. Happened to my 300Win last year, but lucky it is a Ruger. Mentioned to the gunsmith that I was lucky that the rifle did not take away my face, and he said, not with a Ruger. The bolt won't come back on that.
Now, I only use factory ammo for the .300Win in the Federal Fusions.

Yeah DF, it's the 200gr GS Custom. Would love to go to the 250's but that rifle shoots a 3 leaf clover at a 100yds, so don't really want to mess around with it.

Trying to check if I can bring in powder from the USA.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]