Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Speaking of petals spinning off, creating havoc, has there been BG, PG reports on the use of Cutting Edge Raptors?

These are designed to have petals spinning off, doing damage while the core bores on thru.

My series of one medium sized hog, purposefully chest shot with a 135gr. Raptor out of a .308 was DRT with impressive tissue damage. Chest shot hogs often run off, this one got nailed.

Cutting Edge bullets seem to be as accurate as TTSX/TSX and other monometals.

DF

I shot many pigs with CEBs and for the most part they got flattened with a pronounced "whomp" sound. I should put in the disclaimer now that I was using a .458 Win Mag, and got the same results with the other bullets I used too. My experience with the .375 235 gr ESP Raptor is very limited (whitetail and black bear)but my limited observation is that they give a spectacular amount of bleeding on these small thin skinned animals. You wouldn't think an animal could bleed so much. So far that hasn't translated into instant kills, but the sample size is small.

On buffalo I have quite a bit more experience, having used the 425 grain CEBs on water buffalo culls and was able to compare them directly with TSXs, A-Frames and a few Partitions. The CEBs might edge out the TSXs a bit at very close range, but it wasn't by much if I didn't just imagine it. Stretch the range out a bit and the stupidly low BCs dragged the velocity down so fast the TSXs pulled way ahead. Combine that with the fact that brush absolutely shreds them and I'm done with em. Neither the TSXs nor the CEBs beat the A-Frames at any distance, and neither could stay with it as range got longer. The expansion on TSXs was predictably reduced as velocity dropped. Penetration of the three bullets was approximately equal; mostly because you could bet your last box of primers on the hide stopping all of them on the far side.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.