Hello All,

Once again I wish to thank you for all the kind replies to my post.

My intent of this post was to share with all of you, my happiness of owning a wonderful rifle with a unique history. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Unfortunately this post, like so many others, has gone astray. So, I find it necessary to clarify a few facts.

Originally Posted by Cal_Pappas
Gents:
".... I received a call from Buckstix when he was contemplating purchasing the 20-577...."

I contacted Mr. Cal "after" I purchased this rifle, not before.

".... I was very honest with Buck and told him of several flaws of the rifle that were reasons why I decided to sell it...."

Mr. Cal questioned me about what "I" thought of some of the physical details of the rifle. He never mentioned any specific "flaws" or reasons for selling the rifle when we spoke. Nor did he mention these in his writings. However, some years later he did make a point of telling me.

"....Buck also mentioned the reloading data he received was too hot. It came from me, although he didn't mention my name. I respectfully disagree. 75 grains of 4198 and the approximate velocity obtained were correct for this rifle...."

The information sheet that came with the rifle is shown below. Note the loading data and the comments by the Georgia Dentist, along with his target.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"....The 75-grain charge of IMR 4198 was the best grouping I could develop--less was apart and more was cross firing...."

When I received the rifle it was seriously "off-face". (photo) Fortunately, Lewis Drake was very professional and paid for the repair. All my loads were carefully tested to prevent any re-occurring damage.

[Linked Image]

"....Just my two cents....
Cal...."

yes

You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early.