Originally Posted by Cal_Pappas
"... Buck:
As to the history, follow my suggestions for the Military museum, Scotland Yard, and the Mormon Church to get info on the original owner...."

Yes, I've been researching Robertson, but with no luck to date. I'll be sure to let you know if I find something in the future.

"....I do remember we spoke of the rifle when you were thinking of buying it but I don't know how you got my email or phone...."

Just to make sure my memory wasn't slipping, I checked the date of my first email to you on Sept. 21, 2013. It referenced our initial phone conversation on that same day. I also checked the date of my check and the date of my mailing label when I paid Mr. Drake for the rifle. It appears my memory is in tact; we spoke "after" I received the rifle, not before. Not that it matters, but I can email you photocopies of both if it would serve to freshen your memory.

I got your name from the paperwork that was included with the rifle when I received it. I emailed you requesting your phone number.

As to the off face, I'm lost on this one. It was fine when I had it and shot it for targets. I know it went through three dealers and at least one owner who shot it. I don't have any knowledge of it going anywhere else, but it was out of my hands after I deposited it to the dealer in Anchorage. Later, I did speak with the owner in Georgia about reloading for it.

Sure, I understand.

Cal

In closing, please forgive me in advance, if I fail to mention your name the next time I want to tell someone the story about my favorite rifle.

Buck

You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early.