Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Expert on wind and how it works..... dip schitt on actual shooting in it.....

People who ACTUALLY SHOOT..... will have an ACTUALL grasp on their abilities.....

Wankers who like to tell other people what/when/where/how to shoot.... but actually do very little of it themselves.... have no idea what their personal limits are..... because they're inside pounding away on a keyboard when then wind is blowing harder than 2-3mph.

Knowing what shots not to take.... takes experience. You don't get that experience by NOT shooting in the wind......

Of course you have to shoot. How else you going to learn? smile

You gotta remember that not everyone lives out west,can't obtain constant exposure to the conditions you see all the time. Not a lack of shooting but simply that in different parts of the country the conditions of a 20 mph wind in steady directions for hours on end don't exist for everyone.

example....it takes a BAD day on my home range to see 2MOA of correction....that's per my match shooting buddies...not me.

I'm primarily interested in seeing what conditions experienced shooters find acceptable on unwounded BG animals.Not matches or practice, where you are compelled to take a shot with impunity and no "risk".To me that's worthwhile only in terms of practice.

Rather what's regarded as acceptable "risk" on live game. Is a foot of correction acceptable? Two feet? Three? smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.