Jason I have shot wind in areas of the west, mostly Wyoming....nothing formal, mostly rock, PD's and the odd coyote at great distance just to watch results and see how much drift etc. This was years ago and made me very cautious about it.

I also saw how you could have those bad windy days but terrain would block, or deflect it, if you were below the wind somehow. I made a quick judgement in a situation like that at a big mule deer wounded by a companion one time....not much time but figured he was in the "lee"and I was below the drift. The wind was also not full value.I made no allowance and got lucky.... I hit where I needed to.

Another time I refused to shoot at a big AZ bull at about 600 straight across a big canyon,because I had distance figured, but could not dope a howling full value wind. This broke my heart because, while not an expensive hunt, it was a rare opportunity at a huge AZ bull on a hunt I knew I could never afford to duplicate again.

I probably could have taken the chance and hit him somewhere but that did not seem like a good option. I sat behind the trigger for almost an hour contemplating all this.

Even at sea level, back here at your home range at 600, the flags at the butts will be showing strong L/R, while the 300 yard flags are 90 degrees switching. It's the tunnel effect creating by trees blocking and deflecting the wind.

Drive you nuts... smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.