Recon - the video is good. Never a bad thing to see a bull fired up and coming in.

Most of us hate to make arm-chair QB calls on these, it's too easy to slam down on a situation that we can't see but a micro- piece of.

Two things pop out to me:

First, your camera man appears to be fighting the camera set up, the frame keeps drifting right and he's continuously fighting to keep it on the animal. It looks like the movement is what caused the bull to alert, stop, and spin.

Second, If the animal was 20 yards away, and you are 10 or less yards to the right, you shot angle was in the nieghborhood of 30 degrees or less into ribs. Looks like the bull was pretty much butt on to the camera. A 30 degree shot on a large animal rib cage is tough shot for any archer.

I'm guessing this was your potential first bow kill of a big game animal, and that's working against you as well in having to make a snap decision. I've made bad shots as a new archer that I wish I could have back. But, you learn from each encounter, build your experience, and learn the tactical patience will will get you a clean shot to a quick kill.

I think your broad head choice is fine, draw poundage is good. I shoot a Slick Trick is a similar design and size, my buddy shoots Montec G-5s with no issues. You don't mention the weight of your arrows, most will argue that heavier is better.

Sorry you lost the animal, that's a sick feeling no matter what. But, good on you for the courage for posting and seeking feedback.

Last edited by AH64guy; 06/16/16.