I missed Cloverdale, dunno who all was there. But comparing bows side by side is a real treat, and a great way to spend a day.

Maybe next year.

I still might pick up an old Appalachian. Can't remember the bowyer's name. Nothing fancy. But the guy was so cool....I'd like one of his recurves just for that.

Last one I saw had longbow grip, and I can't shoot those.
Can, but they are funky for me, so I quit trying.

Timberhawks are nice, buddy has one. Owner blew me some crap at a trade show when I was working another vendor (gun and bow shop). His helper I knew from 3D (great guy) so he asked me to try some on the 10 yd practice range.

I said cool and got my quiver and tab from the truck, proceeded to try 2 or 3 bows and crash my nocks over and over.

Owner gave me the sh*ttiest look and scowl. I just advertised his bows for free in front of a bunch of people and he was being a d*ck. No words, but still a d*ck. Of course his bows have Biblical verse written on them.

Yeah, I'll never buy one of his bows. A hole.

If you wanna see some crazy stuff though, look up Blacktail..........museum type stuff. Some for 8500.

Jaw dropping art.

http://www.blacktailbows.com/legacy-series.html

I only do business with cool people. Period.

Ken Beck was a superb gentleman and the new guys at BW are cut from the same cloth. Good product (may be better, dunno) and good people.........good enough for me.

Last edited by hookeye; 06/19/16.