Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Umm, I've finished quite a few stocks for myself over the past 40 years and many more for customers. I make a decent living working on guns and it's been my sole source of income for quite a few years now. I don't believe I need your advice on anything.

Were this true it would say a lot about someone as clueless as you have proven to be repeatedly...
Well it is true dickhead, get over it. I know quite a few well known and highly regarded smiths personally. Have worked for several over the years actually. Not one uses your cockamamy tru-oil over epoxy finishing technique. Most use one brand or another of polyurethane, even for their so called "oil" finished stocks.

Wow, you sure do get uptight over all sorts of little stuff...

And the ones that do use epoxy and oil? Considering the numbers out there? Compelling argument again! Your background shortcomings show clearly.

You want to badmouth a method you have no experience with, endorse some that are clearly inferior to similar finishes, badmouth some outstanding products with far better characteristics in the areas you should be looking for, claim you are making a long-term living as a full-time gunsmith, and be taken seriously?

Acting the aggressive ass is obviously a cover for a real shallow intellect and a lack of experience. Phony mean anything to you?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.