Thanks Jordan and others. I'm just beginning the build of my designated "long range" rifle- a 26 Nosler and I'm in the planning stages and acquiring stages at the moment.

I've got the barrel, action, and a 4.5 x 14 Leupold that I plan on having a CDS made up for my load when I have a chance to chrono it after assembly. The scope issue has me a bit concerned so I'm double checking my assumptions by reading as much as I can on this and other forums for the moment.
Still need to decide on a decent stock, but I have a real hankering for building myself a nice wood stock out of one of the English walnut blanks I've picked up over the years.
At the moment, my long range limitation has been around 600-650 yards but I would like to stretch that out just a little bit. So far, my .338 WM, .300 H&H Improved, and .270 have been the choices, but the new rifle will hopefully be my "everything" rifle once built and I will start thinning down the herd a little. ( I know, blasphemy).

I know enough about turret twisting to be dangerous (to game) but a little more practice will take care of that.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.