This has been good.
On binos the pair I like the best are 8x42 Nikons because they focus easily. 7x would be better yet but I got a screaming deal on the 8x's. You'll be refocusing them every time you raise them to your eyes, and the whole time they're up. Eye relief and focus are more important than the magnification.

On clothes, comfortable and quiet, I hunt thick cover but twigs dragging on clothes can be heard very well from a ways off. Earthy colors, and soft work best. Fleece if it's dry out, wool as it gets colder, I still haven't found rain pants I like.

I have found an area that's almost too thick, but some early season trail cleaning made it hunt-able. It's a smaller area of chaos in a well hunted public land. I've only seen one pair of tracks through it in the last few years that weren't mine. Best time to hunt is during or right after a rain when everythings dripping. Dry leaves are too noisy, and the dripping hides noise.

I like to hunt like this alone usually but have been doing it with my boys for years. We do follow each other, same path. At times one trails back, other times we stay together. Either way it's way more fun than sitting still most of the time.

All in all, sometimes an area is best hunted from a stand though.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson