Originally Posted by lvmiker
Last Saturday I was shooting w/ friends in mild temps of about 20*. I was wearing light gloves and twice had the tip of a finger catch in the magwell of my Glock.

Gloves can be a real problem in the cold with revolvers, too. I'm surprised Ed-of-too-many-letters didn't mention that in his post about firearms training in Alaska, actually.

I conducted some cold-weather training for a concealed carry article I wrote years ago. I learned, like you, that Glocks are prone to malfunctions when I wear a heavy glove, as are revolvers. The first shot is usually fine, but then as the trigger comes forward the glove fabric/leather gets jammed between the trigger and the frame and turns your expensive & fancy-pants gun into a crummy club that is now welded to your hand.

After that experience I took to wearing light & tight gloves in the winter, with either a heavier pair of gloves or a pair of mittens over that. I used to wear Hatch gloves, but they became obscenely expensive in short order. I've found that "Mechanix" brand work gloves are a good, tight fit, and passably warm for brief cold exposure in what passes for winter in most of the Lower 48.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars