Jeans, 50/50 cotton/poly sweat shirt, fleece jacket. I had a survival kit in my jacket pocket but it disappeared as I tumbled through the rapids. There were people on the other side of the river in short order but it still took time for the raft to show up. In the interval between my hunting partner heading out to get help and people finally arriving, maybe 20-30 minutes, even knowing that help was coming, it was damn scary. Proved to me that mental attitude is the most important thing in that sort of situation. In hind sight, one thing I should have asked for as I was standing on the wrong side of the river was a road flare to start a fire. The river has a very narrow spot there that they could have tossed one across.

Also should have been wearing a float coat but gee, the river was only 25 yards wide where we were crossing. Not big deal right? Dumb!

A friend is the River Manager for the Forest Circus. He and a co-worker rafted the river the next day, in dry suits, and retrieved the canoe from a rock. Rifle camping gear everything else is on the bottom of the river.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!