Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Just reading BobinNH posts...

Amazing he could write that well in his near terminal condition. He was sharp to the end.

I really like this 7RM, a MkV with 24" #2 Brux, 8 twist in a Wby. Express McWoody, Timney trigger, pillared, glassed, free floated and torqued.

It's a tack driver, really likes 175's and 180's. VX-6 2-12x42 non illuminated duplex in LW Talley's.

I'm not a Wby fan per se, this is my only one. But, the MkV is well made and cycles really fast. Not the lightest, IIRC, this one somewhere in the mid 8# range.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Total weight of above rifle is 8#'s ? How do you like the express stock? Is it thicker in the foreend then the regular Mark V stock?

MkV with 24" #2 Brux in std. fill Wby. Express is 8# 4 oz.

VX-6 2-12x42 non-illuminated is 16.8 oz, Talley LW's around 2 1/2 oz.

So, all up it's approx. 9# 5 oz, balances and handles like a lighter gun. Very pleasant to shoot, even with the heaviest bullets at max velocity.

DF

8# 4 ounces is what my Mark V 270 bee weighs with the 34 ounce synthetic stock and 26" # 2 barrel. I guess if I put it in a Express stock Mcwoody pattern in an edge it would be around the 7.6 area which is ideal. It balances perfectly in the synthetic and the euromark stock I have for it, the weight is deceptive for sure.

DF thanks for posting that information.