The coolest thing about my Ruger Tang safety 7mm RM is the "Made in the 200th year of American liberty" on the barrel. I bought it new because the big 7 was what a physician friend used for elk and as a teenager I knew I wanted to hunt elk. The next best thing is that I've shot several groups of 3 shots that you could cover with a dime. The confidence that kind of accuracy brings isn't unique to just my 7, most of them shoot very well.

Mine only loves 150 grain bullets but it has killed more than 20 deer in San Diego County and several elk in Colorado since it started wearing Conquests many years ago everything out to 500+yards has dropped with the sound of the rifle. Early on I broke a few scopes- always at the wrong time.... but the rifle just performs.

I've got other rifles I hunt with these days but that 7 is just magic at killing game and making shots feel automatic. Smacking steel at 600 yards, or punching the white spot on a mule deer's throat at 211 yards the crosshairs always work to put the bullet where they meet.

I expect if I don't give it away before I drop dead the grandsons and sons in law will fight over it.