Originally Posted by smallfry
Never owned one. Have hunted with one and been along side it during hunts. I've been putting together a handful of classics and thought I'd add a 7 mag. From my perspective it's got some down range horsepower and the recoil isn't that bad. I'd probably never be the guy that would truly realize it's long range potential but the same could be said about my 300 WM.

I want to hear opinions about this classic. There are always faster magnums but at the expense of the 7 RM virtues.
If you have a 300 win mag you do not need a 7mm Remington magnum to fill that same slot. Where the 7mm really shines is with the 140gr bullet and the animals appropriate to shoot with them. Deer/Bear/Cougar/ Antelope/Sheep. Even Coyote if you do not mind making them extra dead. Look up the ballistics of assorted 140gr 7mm bullets at 3200fps. If you do not like what you find, you do not need a 7mm rem mag.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.