Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I have an '08 2500 with the Cummins. It also has a manual trans which is only available with the Cummins. It turned over 100k this fall.
The clutch went out at about 95k. I've since heard that that's normal for them. I put a heavier duty clutch in that's supposed to last the life of the pickup.
They're famous for the front ends to go bad at 75 to 100k, tie rod ends, damper, and ball joints. My tie rods went at about 95k. A friend with the same pickup needed a damper at about 90k.

No personal experience with them, but a friend here in NM also has an '08 2500 crew cab with Cummins, and likes it very much. He has about 140K miles and recently had an alternator fail, trashing a battery too. I have not heard about any other issues. He is an oil & gas geologist so needs it for very rough off-road work. He thinks it will easily go 300K miles and beyond,

His testimony has sold me on wanting one. grin

Last edited by Anjin; 02/11/17.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).