Originally Posted by harv3589
The newer 2500's do ride better. Mines a 2016 and it has coil springs all around. Actually a pretty nice ride especially compared to my work partners 2016 2500 Chev....need a kidney belt when in that truck.

Thanks, guys, for the valuable input.

Yesterday, I put a deposit on a 2016 RAM 2500 "Outdoorsman" Cummins diesel crew cab with 37K miles on it, immaculate and an awfully fair deal at the price. I do like those coil springs on the 2500.

At my age, I figure this truck will last well more than the rest of my life and I believe that it is an excellent choice.

Today I am going downtown in Albuquerque to order a tonneau cover and running bars/steps. It is a bit of a climb to get in. I told Scott, the dealer, that my eight-year old would have trouble and the smart-ass came back with the comment that it looked as though I would be the one having problems!

My local bank branch manager recommended this dealer (she bought 3 cars from them) and I got my splendid GMC Yukon Denali from Scott last year. Unbelievably fair deals.

I had looked at several dealers who all frankly had pretty high prices for RAM diesels. I figure that I would have to buy an older version with no remaining warranties. Finally, since I was downtown already, I dropped in there and told them that I knew they had no short bed 2500 diesels in stock, but to keep me in mind in they came across one. (They just sell used cars, all kinds, and mostly get customers by word of mouth.)

While I told my wife that these guys are not warm and cuddly, they are honest, charge great prices, with no bogus back-end fees, and absolutely go the extra mile to see that customers are satisfied. I told Scott what I was looking for, he got on the computer, instantly found a great 2016 locally on an auction site with all the right features, remaining factory warranty and even better, an Outdoorsman with heavy duty components, he went over to the auction in the AM and got it for a great price. (Quite a story how he did that, which I may tell later. I could never have pulled it off, myself.)

Within 20 hours, he got me exactly what I wanted and way more, at a price that I proposed. Wow. Best dealer I ever saw, aside from my uncle in ND. You folks in NM might keep this in mind. wink

Last edited by Anjin; 02/15/17.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).