Originally Posted by BWalker

I hate to think about how many lift pumps and injection pumps those two went through.
There are no warts on the Cummins engine other than the stuff dodge screws up.

Yep,I forgot about those. After the 1st set went south,I put on a FASS unit. The 2nd set went under warranty as the FASS unit went TU's. Then that injector pump they put on under warranty was a rebuild and it went TU's at a very inconvenient time.

That was 200 miles from home in a snow storm with a newly bought mule in the trailer in back. The next bad thing was my buddy drove that distance in a 2003 1T Ram diesel to get me, the trailer, and the mule home. Before we got 50 miles,his injectors went south. $1800 for my injector pump,$6K+ for his injectors. We limped home doing 15MPH up the back side of Vail pass and 10MPH up the back side of Loveland pass in 2nd gear and never got over 40MPH the rest of the way home on flat land

The Dodge's most frequent problems are in the front end. Any one who has experienced the"Death Wobble" knows what I mean.

The local diesel repair shop owner was big Ford man. He quit them and has gone to Chevys now.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles