Originally Posted by Homesteader
SMACK - "...handed me a Ruger American Predator in 6mm Creedmoor." First off congrats on your scoring the 6mm Creedmoor.

Have a question for you on the 2 Ruger Predators. I've a 243W and a 6.5X55 Swede so, while not a direct comparison, they're pretty close when hand-loaded. What was it about the newer 6mm that you liked? Homesteader

Since I have shot the Ruger Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor and it was superbly accurate for a $389.00 factory rifle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Once I saw the the 6mm Creedmoor it was a no brainer. High BC bullets in the 105-115gr range. More velocity than the 6.5 Creedmoor, the 1-7.7 twist is perfect for the heavy, long, high BC bullets. The rifle is throated correctly as to touch the lands if need be with the heavies and load from the magazine. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet but I'm really looking forward to it. If it shoots anything like the 6.5 I will be more than pleased.

The slightly shorter Creedmoor case as compared to the .243 Win is a plus when feeding from a short action. Espicialy with the heavier, longer match style bullets. Less bullet is seated into the case/powder column and they feed from the magazine or mag box better.

I'm a big fan of both the .243 Win and the 6.5x55. Along with the 6.5x284 but my 6.5x.284's have all been built on long actions so I can seat the heavies further out and still be able to feed from the mag box on a Rem700.

Last edited by SMACK; 02/11/17.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.