Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
SMACK, why did you switch from the Howa Alpine over to the Ruger American Predator?
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
SMACK, why did you switch from the Howa Alpine over to the Ruger American Predator?

I didn't switch per say. I had a custom 6.5 Creedmoor built. I sold the Howa, I like Firearms! I would run out of room if I kept them all 😉 I wanted to try the Ruger American Predators. Seeing I have and have shot many customs. The accuracy rumors of the Predator intrigued me. The 6.5 Predator was a solid 1/2 MOA rifle it delivered its share of 1" to 1 -1/2" groups at 300 yards. Just makes a guy stand and scratch his head when a $379.00 buck factory rifle is shooting as well as the McMillan or Benchmark customs on the bench with it!!!

I wasn't looking to buy another Predator but my local gun shops know how to work me. I walked in they ambushed me, shoved that 6mm Creedmoor in one hand and the other hand reached for my wallet. I GOT IT BAD!

When my planned optics get here next week, I'll really be about to get to it with the handloads and see what it has.

Last edited by SMACK; 02/23/17.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.