For hunting purposes they are obviously one in the same 243win/6mm creed. Neither makes a diff. As a reloader I have literally been given two 5 gallon buckets of once fired 243 over the past 5 years, doubt that will happen with a 6creed. Since my model seven 243 has consistently been a sub moa rifle to 300 yards( that's as far as I have ever shot it) and kills like a laser beam with 95nbt I won't be switching. If I was to have to pick a factory chambering between the two for long range target shooting and hunting though, the creed would win. I agree that no point in getting rid of a 243 that shoots well to buy the creed, but the creed does have its benefits for long range. If building a custom rifle the 243 wins in my opinion. Faster and more brass on the market. Plus you can AI the 243!

On another note I have a custom 6mmBR 700 action with a varmint profile barrel that will put either one of them to shame with varget and a 105vld goin 2838. The efficiency and accuracy of the BR is unmatched by the win and creed. Surprised it hasn't caught on since mag box is no constraint on the BR and the velocity is very close with much less powder.

I also have a custom 260, and love it too. It's a half MOA rifle. If I didn't reload I would have never considered the 260 though. For the average guy who doesn't reload or build customs, 6.5 creed wins hands down. The 260 can outrun the 6.5 creed all things considered equal, but it's a close race for sure

Remington screwed the pooch years ago, and Hornady has the best marketing group going. They have single handedly brought reliable long range performance to the average guy for affordable prices.

I plan on giving the bergara B14 HMR a try in 6.5 creed by the way. Seems like it would be a fun rifle