I have had an R8 for three or four years now, and I have been really pleased with the accuracy, function and overall quality of the rifles. I have had barrels in 300 Win, 300 Wby and 375 H&H and all three of them were extremely accurate. The straight-line magazines feed extremely well and the triggers are incredibly good.

Another nice thing is you can have a couple of extra parts (like a bolt housing and bolt head) and if something breaks, like say a firing pin or extractor, you can swap the spare bolt assembly on in a couple of seconds and be back in business. You can do the same with a spare scope in a saddle mount. In my experience, the saddle mounts always return to zero.

As already mentioned, they are especially nice to travel with. They break-down quickly and can be carried in a case that is the size of a briefcase. They are readily replaceable too. If your gun gets stolen or lost, you can have a new R8 in 48 hours that performs just like the old one.

They start at about $2,400 nowadays for the basic complete synthetic rifle and extra barrels are about $950. You can easily spend that much on an entry level "custom" parts rifle that may or may not feed or function properly. The nice thing about Blasers is they are ready to go, not a project in a box.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen