Originally Posted by okie john
I've been curious about them, and finally got to handle one in 6.5x55 Swede a couple of weeks ago. The guy who owned it said that he hunted all over the world with it set up in 300 Weatherby, and that it really does return to zero as advertised.

And that's all I know after a grand total of maybe 10 minutes on the system.

Okie John

OJ,

That was me at RFGC. If you would like to play with one of them a bit more, let me know and I'll meet you there sometime. You pick the caliber - I have quite a few!

The R93 is definitely trimmer than the R8. I struggled between the two and eventually went with the R8 - I bought mine about when the R8 was coming out. I've not been disappointed and I've hiked with it all over the place.

While some poo-poo the removable trigger group/magazine, I would definitely shy away from the "S" for lack of it. When moving around you can render the rifle completely safe very quickly by dropping the trigger group in your pocket. Even if you have the rifle cocked, the firing pin compression is released when you drop the trigger (called the "fire control"). If you are the nervous type, there is a slider where you can lock it in. The "S" is a little less expensive but not THAT much.

For traveling, you can't beat the system. It knocks down and reassembles in seconds, and with a perfect return to zero. Sometimes I'll even pack it in that way, depending on the circumstances.

The one you looked at had an aftermarket stock. The wood that came on it was too pretty to take too many places. However, I also have a professional and it is that stock that gets the nod when I go out, anyway.

Again, let me know if you want really look under the hood.

Last edited by Rodell; 02/25/17.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then think that half of the people are stupider than that" - George Carlin