Originally Posted by Jack_Ryan
Hello,

Longtime lurker, new poster here. I have recently been looking at the Blaser line of rifles. I hear good things about them, but, I don't see them very often. They seem very versatile.

Do they generally feed well?

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Jack

Mine feed very well, and with any caliber I have for it. The magazine insert is case type specific so the geometry is optimized. There is a battery interlock, though, so you need to close the bolt firmly. Even in snow and dirt, every round has chambered without difficulty.

That said, the collet that locks the bolt to the barrel doesn't have the camming power of lugs and an extended bolt knob. You need to keep that in mind when sizing brass and make your brass fit the chamber.

One operational feature of the straight pull is the speed of operation; I once was able to place two shots on a jumping blackbuck while in the air on one jump. The trackers thought I had an automatic. Once you get used to how it works you'd be amazed. (Yes, I got the blackbuck!)

Once I moved into the Blaser system I thinned the herd on many other rifles. When I go out to hunt I do it with a platform that I'm comfortable with and in any caliber specific to the game at hand.

Last edited by Rodell; 02/25/17.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then think that half of the people are stupider than that" - George Carlin