not sure if my story resonates with the OP's topic but I was at the local range a few years back and there was one table that was producing the loudest "bang" among all of those tables. When cease fire was called, all walked to the target to get their targets and I had my son go get our target and the owner of the loudest bang at the table walked away and I took a walk over there and looked at her ammo box and it was a 7 Remington Mag. I hardly see these calibers at the range as most places around here is not a long shot at least locally.

Then when we were given the "go" to shoot I glanced over and the person at loudest "bang" table was an elderly lady probably in her 45's to 50's and it surprised me. Not sure why she bought that or whoever sold that to her. When when she shot the rifle I noticed her barrel was resting on the block of wood...the block was not under the stock. I immediately knew she did not know how to shoot properly nor know proper technique for shooting :-) so much for having the loudest bang at the range!