Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by las
In 50 plus years of shooting/hunting I've yet to crony a load. If it works, it works. It's up to me to position it. I don't need to obsess over speed.
Good groups, bullet construction/performance, and knowing the trajectory of the round is far more important than speed.
The crony will only tell you how it should perform according to the charts. You still have to shoot it at ranges.
The other thing it might tell you is the consistency of your loads, which can be a good thing. Again provable otherwise by actual shooting. I cut out the chrony middleman....tho I do use the factory statistics and charts- which seldom exactly match the gun/me /range live shoots.

Wow! David

Hello David. Would you mind explaining what is "Wow" about las post?

Sure.

I don't think I've ever read so much stupidity regarding the use of a chronograph in such a short post.

David

David, Perhaps you might also be surprised at 'the stupidity' of those, I venture to say, "more than a few" who have killed our truckloads of game without worrying about whether the scope tracks...because we never touch it after it is sighted in where we want it. (What the hell does a hunter need turrets for anyway?)

And ...... have never pointed a rangefinder at an animal before the crosshairs of the scope get so directed.

But yeah, I have owned and used chronographs for over 30 years, but many of the loads I use to hunt with have never been chronyed .... can't really say why but they work every bit as well as anything I used before I owned a chrony.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.