Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Your own ignorance is clouding your judgement - you're making statements based on facts that just ain't so. Reread my post carefully and compare it to what you wrote. If you can't figure it out from there I don't think I can help you, you either don't comprehend or more likely don't want to.

I didn't criticize las for not using a chronograph - lots of people don't. Lots of people don't use optic sights at all, don't use metallic cartridges, etc...

This wasn't a point of contention about how luddite a system can be and work to kill game. las was making it clear that a chronograph doesn't supply any useful information and that's why he doesn't use one. He's wrong on both counts.
David
You write as though you are an expert on my ignorance and my judgment, as well as my willingness to learn. Some folks are experts on those topics, but you know nothing about those - or me in general. Not a good start.
In an effort to redeem yourself, you might try to identify and dismantle those "statements based on facts that just ain't so". I did not seek your help, so don't feel too bad about your inability to deliver any. What I asked for was your justification for labeling las interesting post as "stupid". You have not justified that critique. Bad form.
Just the opposite of your above statement, las did note some usefulness of a chronograph. You can read it in his post.
I may remember your posting the next time I set up my Chrony.
CCCC I addressed every point in my post, If you want to address any specific comment I made, feel free to quote it and adress it individually. Always amusing to see old men get offended because texhnology has outpaced them, but they are clinging to the technology that was new and innovative for their era. The world won't stop spinning just because you don't want to keep up - it ain't all waiting on you.
David

You don't seem to reason very well, and your spelling needs some work. I have no problem with what you posted about your use of a chronograph, so see no need to quote your post or critique those aspects. Did I (adress?) that OK?

You wrote, wrote, etc. but NEVER have you justified your sleazy comments to las and your calling his post "stupid". You avoid that key challenge like it is a plague. Are you ready to admit you erred in what you said about his post?

And, do you see yourself as a mind reader? Nice if you are "amused", but not in any way can you determine if or how I might be offended because your (texhnology?) has passed me by. Tell me, please, am I offended when using the latest Oehler chronograph and applying that simple MVfps number to work calculations? Goodness sakes - how about when I use a Smarty tuner for my Cummins diesel engine and a CNC device to make something?

I do know folks who will:

take offense when some seeming know-it-all type posts baseless nasty comments about other contributors;

take offense because seeming know-it-all types pretend that they can see inside the minds and feelings of others;

take offense when seeming know-it-all types think that their way is the only au courant way to be;

take offense when seeming know-it-all types use poor spelling.

I choose not to be offended by those behaviors - and try to consider the source.

Would you like to see some photos of my 6.5x55 Swedish rifles and some nice 200 yard groups worked up without the aid of a chronograph?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron